- Job Title: Sales Trainee
- Pay Type: Exempt
- Department: Sales
- Reports To: Sales Supervisor
The Sales Trainee performs a critical role at Major Brands as we strive to develop the talent for our future. The Sales Trainee will be challenged to continue our tradition of building relationships and providing unmatched marketing support for our suppliers’ brands. And through outstanding performance, this role could lead to promotion to Sales Representatives; the first step in the career progression towards Sales Leadership and Management at Major Brands.
As a Sales Trainee, you will have the unique opportunity to gain a broad perspective of all Merchandising and Sales functions over the course of your training program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform store resets, merchandise stores, deliver sales takes, build and decorate displays, manage inventory and assist Sales Representatives as needs arise
- Ensure all merchandising and special selling initiatives meet Major Brands’ standards and customer needs
- Perform job shadowing of Sales Representatives in all categories of on and off-premise accounts to gain knowledge of the territories, product and customers Major Brands supports
- Gain full responsibility for running and managing sales routes when Sales Representatives are unavailable
- Work with our Brands Directors to accomplish effective account ordering and POS management
- Understands and complies with all State and Federal regulations regarding the sale and promotion of assigned products
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess an energetic “Sales Personality”
- Must be quick, intelligent, and adapt well to new situations
- Have the ability to listen and connect with customers
- Must be creative and able to share ideas
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills
- Communication must always be professional and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of diverse customers
- Must be proficient in using various communication tools and technology to keep customers, peers, and managers apprised of their efforts
- Knowledge of the wine and spirit business a plus
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to work in an unsupervised environment
- Must have the ability to prioritize responsibilities and work effectively, while dealing with a variety of requests throughout the day
- Superior research and follow-up skills required
- Must have a clear driving record in accordance with Major Brands’ Driving Policy
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
Current Major Brands Employees: If you are a current employee at Major Brands, you can apply to this position by logging into ADP. Select the “Myself” tab and then select “Talent” and “Career Center”.