- Job Title: Payroll Benefits Administrator
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Human Resources
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
FLSA Status: Exempt
Our Mission & Values
Major Brands is dedicated to being a high-performance distributor of premium beverages, whose commitment to excellence is reflected in our portfolio of product, our relationships with customers and suppliers, our employees and our support of the community.
At Major Brands, we are committed to being the best. In order for us to be the best, we have a set of Shared Values that guide us.
Performance: We are committed to inspiring, achieving and rewarding excellence.
Integrity: We are committed to upholding the highest ethical and legal standards in every aspect of our business.
Respect: We are committed to sustaining a work environment in which all employees are valued, respected and encouraged to reach their full potential.
Teamwork: We are committed to working as a team with our employees, suppliers, and customers to achieve shared goals, giving the best of ourselves and challenging others to give their best.
Community: We are committed to enhancing and uplifting the communities in which we live and work.
- Responsible for planning and administering policies relating to all phases of payroll activity, including: compiling employee time and payroll data, maintaining payroll control records, calculating payrolls, providing payroll reports and maintaining personnel records. First point of contact for time and attendance and payroll using ADP Workforce Now
- Process new hires and manage new hire checklists to ensure new hire paperwork is complete and information needed to process payroll is entered. Process all employee changes, salary adjustments, and separations
- Assist employees, as needed with initiating payroll change requests through employee self-service.
- Processes legally required wage garnishments, court ordered deductions, and child support withholdings
- PPACA – ensures Part-Time employees are measured and validates accuracy of average hours worked. Notifies HR upon PPACA-FT qualification. Maintains log of encountered system problems, manual calculation, reason for lateness in processing and description of action taken. Informs Benefits Administrator in the event of a process failure and follows through to an enrollment or declination. Works closely with IT and HR in resolving issues as they arise.
- ACA Reporting – Validates accuracy of annual 1094C and 1095C reports. Submits timely filings to CTS.
- Provide new employees with an explanation of benefits
- Process benefits enrollments efficiently and accurately
- Review monthly billings from insurance providers for accuracy
- Coordinate with insurance provider to resolve employee insurance issues
- Maintaining all leave-related forms, employee balances, audits, files, including PTO, short and long-term disability forms, FMLA, etc. Conducting return to work meetings.
- Coordinate responses to unemployment claims
- Provide professional, friendly, and knowledgeable customer service to employees and vendors
- Maintain and support highest level of integrity of internal controls and confidentiality, policies and procedures
- Maintain and support an organized, productive, and positive work environment
- Assist with general Human Resources special projects and other duties upon request
- Basic understanding of Human Resources/Benefits/Payroll functions, including reporting, and recordkeeping requirements
- Knowledgeable in EEO, HIPPA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, ACA, and COBRA laws and regulations.
- Superior organizational skills
- Exceptional commitment to accuracy and detail
- Strong prioritization and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Strong sense of team work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters
- Strong MS Office Suite skill set: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Experience with an HRIS system
- A pro-active, quick, enthusiastic and flexible approach
Education and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of 5 years payroll, benefits administration, and HR experience
- ADP Workforce Now experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The above statements are intended to describe general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.